Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome Letter

Dear Abba and Ima,

Welcome to the terrible twos.

(I know that you think you've dealt with the "terrible twos" before.
But, having grown up with my big brother for nearly 17 months,
I can tell you that his easy compliance 
with concepts like "time-out" and "being polite"
mean that what you called "the terrible twos" was really just a bit of challenging behavior.)

That is, compared to what I'm about to dish out.
Prepare yourselves!
for unsolicited yelling,
wild mood swings, 
and temper tantrums that escalate from 0-60 in .7 seconds.

IMG_0548
If all goes according to plan, by 2012 or so, I will have redeemed myself with some carefully-timed episodes of pure sweetness.

And remember - 
every time you keep your cool,
respond lovingly but firmly, 
and discipline me gently but consistently,

you're doing a great job.

Kisses,
Ram Ram

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH. That Face! :) Unbelievable. How does he manage to look so adorable eventhough he's yelling at you? :) This is probably how mom and dad felt when I came along after you....they had no idea what was coming for them :) Love, Auntie Al

Blog Widget by LinkWithin